Small

Her shirt looks small
It's already in the closet,
on the side that used to be mine

Something I'll never be-
small

I take up space
with voice and hips and words
and expectations

I could swallow the world whole,
and plan to

It bothers me, though,
that she's smaller than me

Skinny, young,
the type of sliver I always longed to be

Impressionable enough to believe
whatever you promised in the throes of your pain

This is the bridge you've chosen
to ford the pass

I can't judge you for it much,
except that you paraded her in front of me

Which makes you small
Smaller than I'll ever be and smaller than I've ever been

Right now,
I am grateful for my own multitudes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow