Not Your Pixie

Are you caught in a manic dream?
I am not the pixie to save you

I will not paint your walls red,
or inspire you to live

I cannot spare strength to rip you
from that drudge-filled tank

It is not my problem
that your days are hazy slow
or trapped in cubic routine

Riding the curtail of my impulse
will not redeem your mediocrity

I am not your pixie

I will not organize you,
console you,
enable the shadows that cling to your shoes

There are no excuses in my wet mouth
that you can hide behind

You are what you have decided to be
No more or less

I am living my own dream

If kissing me rubs light on your lips, so be it,
but I'll be damned if I let you eat me alive


(In response to Olivia Gatwood's poem "Manic Pixie Dream Girl")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow