Dirt, then Stardust

I knelt in the grass

Nothing would do but to surrender

To submit, to remember

How long have I slept this time?

Dirt under my fingernails washed away

Sacred space between my shoulderblades tender each morning

Body anxious to move

Wings ache to unfurl - brush doorways, encompass space, touch sky


I made myself small again

Always slow, always on accident

"Accumulated acquiescence"

Exponential self-doubt giving birth in rabbited fits

Spreading to gut, to limbs, to heart, to loins

Soon languid numbness fuses to bone

Mind is quick to succumb - acquiescence is rewarded so sweetly


It is not enough to wake

We must wake and wake and wake again

We must be feral

Shed apathy from our spirit like droplets on wing

To remember who we are


God, aren't you tired of being so careful?

Earth is not careful, neither is sky - we are children of both


I am best with dirt beneath my nails, crushed between toes, with wings built from stardust

I have always been this way

We are so much more than the world would make us


I kneel to say thank you

to say thank you

thank you


I kneel to remember where I come from

and stand once more



Comments

  1. Such an extraordinary woman you are, dear one ~ thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

Recovering Black Widow

Volcano Flowers