Bones of Stardust and Adventure

Where are you, little one?
My tiny fairy queen?

Stardust and adventure make your bones into
a terrific tornado of light and sound

You never worry, do you,
about when the sun will set?
Focused on the moment at hand
until dawn comes again

Yet, I am mourning for you
What happened, little one?
How much I have disappointed you as years go by

Quieting you slowly,
hushing your big voice
Letting the world convince me
of my lack
In turn,
convincing you of yours

Breathe again, my tiny queen
I will cut space into my chest to make room for you

I will listen for your calling bells
in the middle of the night,
at the dinner table,
when fighting the terrible shadows of "Have-tos"

For so long,
I thought I needed It,
needed Them,
needed Him, This or That

But I really just need you

I clung to the scars of experience too long,
as if they are unique in any way
As if scars make me special-
when they do not

There are enough wounds in the world
to go around twice
It doesn't take much to reach out a hand
and grab one for yourself

Pain happens
It is the price of our experiences here

But to hold so desperately to the cost?
This is where I lost you, little one

I let the world make me believe that you and I
are not enough
That I need more, need permission, need salvation
from the helter-skelter of this magic

When really,
I have never been more sane, or happy,
than when I am flying away with you

Lead on, little fairy
I am ready to follow

I will not let you down

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop