Ceilings and Spiders

Heel prints on the ceiling
Bracing, for the love of God
Or you

Not sure if any difference matters
considering the breathy sigh of mingling names gets
more confused as we go

And go

And go

A little to the left...

And go

Until the floor is the ceiling,
the wall a spiderweb of silk

I,
a desperate, ravenous, many-legged beast

You turn to me,
turn inside me
I am seeing you,
a pillar of flesh and love that I scramble upon

Beside me, residing in me
I thank God one more time while screaming your name

When all goes quiet
and the ceiling returns to its place above us,
I wonder for the eighth time-

How is there a me without you,
a you without God,
and what really holds the ceiling away from the floor
if not the jagged limbs of creatures making love?

And why on Earth would we willingly separate any of these things at all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop