Dark Honey Tongues

Snuck through a cracked window
Caught me off guard
Thought the lights were off in this house
but you navigate the pitch sure-footed
Eyes sharp enough to catch cracks in the foundation
Too kind to mention the fault lines, despite the acid of your tongue
You seem at home in this make shift mansion

Never knew playing tag in these empty rooms
could light me up this way
I am not often sated by another
but you are an unexpected drink at an unexpected table
and I was more thirsty than I knew

Watching myself carefully now
Afraid after you're gone I may leave the window open
Your edges are the kind of sharp I love to cut my tongue on
and laugh open-throated with blood in my mouth

More of me was born in the night than you know
Or maybe you do-
and that's why you delight in this uncovered sweetness
Our dark honey tongues dripping in smoke

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow