When (Or Beware the Falling Rocks)

They tell you to say “when”
when you've had enough
Place your hand over the tumbler and shake your head no

It's the universal sign that you are full
Satiated
Done

I wasn't done before you left
Body has yet to find its reaches
though yours seemed to snap and crackle enough

Loosen the ropes you bind yourself with
(For your safety or mine?)
until you can no longer say with any certainty that you are holding back

There are edges to climb and cliffs to fall over
Places for your hands and tongue to linger
The way your voice lingers- half-asleep, half-country gravel

The voice that ground my kneecaps to dust
Having me beg before I knew your name
Should have come with a warning label "Beware the Falling Rocks"

I fear my body may never have a "when" for you
but my heart will
My heart will screech to a halt right at the edge of oblivion

The heart already speeding up and skipping beats
Pouring cups of caramel tea (the disloyal hussy)
that go untouched- our lips found each other's instead

Caught in between wanting to fuck you endlessly
and care for you
always

My heart understands what my body never will
That you are not mine
We can stake no claim on this cliffside

Wise creature that it is
my heart will cry finish soon enough
Silencing the aches and trembles of a desperate flesh

But my heart has not said "when" yet
I have not said "when"
yet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow