Salsify

I squeal "Costco wishes!" when I see them

Bulk wishes

You need a membership to purchase wishes

Dandelions on steroids

I always wanted curly hair wishes

I hope I get a good parking spot wishes

Little, innocuous desires

Harmless and fleeting

Giddy, I want to grab a fistful and run, thrust to the wind

What to do with this magic?


Rewrite the world wishes

Huge wishes

Like second star to the right

Like I hope the world doesn't burn

or 

I wish my mother had lived to see me happy


Gargantuan wishes

Deep wishes

Quiet wishes

Wish I had never met him

Wish I had never been raped

That I could be who I am without the scars

Wish  I was still the little girl who only wanted curly hair


...Selfish wishes

Wish I could only see the blooms, only the weed, only the dirt

Not the possibilities 

Not the heartbreak of wishing it had been different

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop