Acid Bones

Familiar Discontentment
like acid in my bones.
Eating, gnawing, chewing
from the inside- out.
Thoughts,
wondrous, dark thoughts,
intangible and useless without manifestation.
Lamenting the false promises of others,
but nothing to give but empty dreams, too.
So hungry
for a life of purpose.
Starving.
Nothing so far
can slake this appetite,
eating me alive.
Old plans trickle heedlessly to the floor
from a mouth slack with indecision.
No matter where I go, who I love,
where I live,
eventually the Discontentment opens
its gaping maw-
swallowing me away, crunching my bones
and smiling,
with my ragged flesh caught in its teeth.

Comments

  1. Your bones are strong bones.

    It will work out - if you want it to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop