Two Wishes

Wishing today that love wasn’t the ichor in my veins
or the driving force inside every sandy step
Wishing that I could want what is good for me
or perhaps
what others are convinced is right
Looking for that guarantee-
that what I desire will long for me too
Seeing so clearly to the other side of the water
with no path in between but waves and wind
Yet that’s the way it’s always been for me

A map-less and certain vision

With a bloody compass etched into my arm
and a mighty star to guide the way,
I may yet sail from these familiar shores

closer to the heartbeat of it all
closer to the truth
closer to what I always dreamed

I yet have hope for me

Comments

  1. I love it! Your writing always evokes such powerful emotion, it's an incredible skill and something you excel at without appearing to break a sweat. Great piece :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow