Chasing Snow

Snow has clever fingers,
I watch them move while she talks
and always feel the tug of familiarity
Ice blonde hair and blue-grey eyes light up and smile

We live so far away from each other now
but I chased her across the city this week
because this is what she loves
Nothing compares to Snow in flight

I am shaped like harvest, the smell of apples in my wake
So hard to keep up with her
but we follow each other and play tag across oceans
We catch up and say farewell again

She is so warm when we hug to say goodbye
and I am left a little colder as I watch her leave
The leaves are falling golden and bright
It is my time now, but as always, I feel a little lost without her

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow