Vigil of Frost

His skin is cold on this cold winter night
The longest night is too long
Blue and bloodless
You hold vigil a thousand miles away
for the man who once held you high
It could've been you instead
in his frost covered grave
The tracks of a thousand regrets line
his lifeless limbs
One path too many

I am here, wishing I was there
Not for him, but for you
because it could've been you
It may have been you
It could still be you
Tears are ice down my cheeks
I am helpless tonight to help you
and I hate every moment of this longest night

Winter ground and fallowed fields,
frozen lakes and forded rivers stand between us
Never has there been so much distance before
Yet I can feel you weeping and tearing in my chest
The cold catches clouds from your mouth
and puffs of air blow through me
You are in me
You have always been in me
If you follow him to the grave
I will not be far behind

For the sake of us both,
please live
Forge a different path and lay different tracks
I cannot stand vigil for you
because I will lay in the ground beside you
Living and breathing
Blue and bloodless
Covered in frost for the lack of your warmth
For my sake alone,
please live
Do not follow him to the grave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow