Our Love Story (or A Brief Poem About Body Swapping and Ribbons)

My love for you is a pinstripe suit
when we switch bodies
So, you'll have tailored lines and swagger
when you return to form

My love for you is multiple orgasms
and an excellent come-hither stare
when you switch into mine
(You're welcome, by the way)

You promised to protect my skin and bone
the way you do not protect your own,
and I know that is your love for me

I have compassion in cupfuls brimming
about the house for you, overflowing
in case you should need some on a bad day
You fill the bathtub and pour in solitude for me
because I never know when to stop and stand still
 
My love for you is alight with pride and patience,
encased in a velvet box,
tied around with a ribbon both black and white,
and every color in between
 This box is right inside the front door of my heart,
standing on its own shelf

It is within easy reach,
not hidden away in backrooms lined in failed romance
and aching regrets
It is a tiny monument,
a testament,
that you are everything I need you to be,
all that you should be,
exactly as you are

It is knowing
that if we swap bodies for the day
(because you never know)
I would put you in the world's finest suit
and an incredibly dapper hat
Lord knows what you'd do with mine,
but I know for a fact
that you have more compassion for me than
for yourself, so I never worry

Raise a brimming cup to your lips, my friend
and remember I've got enough to spare for you,
and always will

And that is our love story

It's magnificent, a little ridiculous,
and exactly what it should be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop