Manzana's Song

When you put your lips against my skin,
your tongue tasting my firm, white flesh
after that first playful nip,
perhaps you wonder if I am too young for you.

No man could ever think me too old
when I wear my full red dress;
though many a princess has called me poison enough.

Don't stop, please.
Keep your mouth against me,
slick and easy.
Go deeper until you reach my core.

Too young, no indeed.
I am ripe and ready,
speeding away from my mother's anxious limbs,
and falling willingly at your feet.

You picked me up out of the dust.
How could one so sweet for you
truly be the seed of temptation in the world?

I know you, though.

When I am stripped away and left bare,
when there is no more to discover,
you will discard me,
broken and browning.

It is enough to know that you hungered for me once,
and either way you slice it,
you're the one that picked me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop