ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009


I never thought that on a rainy spring day I would be in a studio in downtown Chicago with a cute little assistant shyly rubbing bronzer into my legs. He was so shy, in fact, that he couldn't continue up to my thighs. (A fact made obvious later when my skirt hiked up and the skin was pale enough to blind
Helen Keller.) Nor did I think that I'd have an exuberant stylist (see below) with his hands up said skirt, and down my shirt as well. ("Don't worry honey, this means nothing to me.") Ah, it's a good life I discovered just a scant few months ago.
My friend, plus-size model Teslyn Butler, who I met at a commercial shoot, recommended me to a local designer named Niehla Ollie who was in dire straights for a Caucasian, curvy model. After sending a few snapshots through email, Niehla agreed to use me for a small photo shoot. I was folded into an enthusiastic embrace in her apartment and immediately put into make-up while I learned the basic ins-and-outs of plus-size modeling from Teslyn and Niehla. See, I hadn't ever done this before, but man... I'd always wanted to try.
It was an interesting experience having my body fussed and fumed over, with roving hands ("Sorry baby, don't mind me.") and sample clothes draped over my arms continuously. When they decided on the copper pencil skirt with a teal feather trim, my heart fluttered a little inside. Man, I do love clothes.
When it came down to the actual shoot, I was pretty damn nervous. Chris, the photographer, was fun and patient. I was stilted for a while and it took a majority of the shoot to get my lips to relax. (Evidently you CAN hold tension in your lips. Who knew?) On a whole, it went pretty well. I'm looking forward to my next shoot scheduled for Sunday, October 4th. This time around I think my nerves will settle faster. Between Teslyn's encouragement, Niehla's make-up artistry and brilliant clothes, my portfolio should get full enough to take... somewhere. Another thought for another day. Looking forward to being fabulous in fall fashion by ChocolateSushiCouture!

Comments

  1. Yey for photooooooos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll rub bronzer on you any day. ;) Courtney you look amazing!!!!!! I love the outfits. If one can hold tension in the lips, I sure as hell DO NOT want to know where else one can hold it. I hope you had a great time on Sunday. Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can pretty much hold tension anywhere. Yikes. It's true. I'll post new pictures as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Court! I agree with the said comments on looking amazing and whatnot. Hope all is continuing to go well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment