I will play you like a cello.

("Woman Playing Cello" by Lara Bagdasarian)

I will play you like a cello-
place you between my thighs
pluck and prick and twist, until you hum to my satisfaction

I will drag my bow across your belly
until you weep and scream my song

I will play you hard
drive you up and down registers
one octave to the next, until you shudder between me
your wood glistening with tears and sweat

My touch will be soft
because I understand your nature
I know the curve of neck and dip of your side
and how much you love to be used

I will play you so exquisitely
you will beg for my hands to ignite you to cinders

And when I am done
when you are warped with condensation
and lamenting with lust
I will put you in your case
and forget we ever made music at all

(Published in Movement: The Arts Issue. Issue #131, Spring 2009)

Comments

  1. I can't believe you never posted this here until now (?).
    Wow, I still get that same feeling (like head crashing on an asteroid and blowing to pieces) I got when I first read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't know why I didn't post this sooner. Got wrapped up in newer work, I think. I'm going through my graduate poetry again and trying to post some of the better stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to say something eloquent about how talented you are, or even crack a witty joke rife with innuendo, but all my brain fuel appears to have drained into your choice of phallic euphemism. Very intense, sexy, sweaty, I need a towel. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow