Infidelity

I've been cheating again

Seduced by yet another book of blank pages
with a harem at home, untouched
Coveted so compulsively until their replacement is found

Perhaps infidelity is too harsh a charge?
Polyamory is the rule of the day
For I do not love any book less,
but simply crave the equal difference of other

Perhaps, I love you too much, dear ones
Not wishing to mark upon your free flesh with imperfect thoughts
Besides,
it is those that feel my hand who are eventually discarded at their fill
To avoid the pressure of pen is to preserve your own existence, after all

I wish I could say I will stop,
but we all know I won't

You'll simply have to find it within your pages to forgive me,
and pray you never truly keep my attention

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow