Milking Cow

What message has been so thoroughly whipped
to skin
that it is readily agreed upon without further consideration?

What perceived truth is consumed,
like medication
straight to the gut, as the surest path to love?

To acceptance?

I have readily swallowed so much
even from unworthy hands

Scripts repeat, repeat, repeat

"Be a good girl"
"Don't cause a scene"
"It's not lady like to be angry"
"Wait for your prince"

To concur so readily with discussions
of misogyny and sexism-
without fully accepting my internalization of both

My acquiescence to each

Knowing that All and Everything
hinges on my ability to keep. taking. it.

It is not who I am,
but what I am able to produce
that is of inherent value here

I am a milking cow
and I am being devoured whole

So easy to keep shambling forth

To actively remember that I am choosing to stand
in this space
is a trial

Trained so well,
I would almost be proud
if I was not ashamed-
even more than I can readily convey

Have given so much to be loved,
and done so much more to be accepted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow