Waffle Date with Gravity

When we talked about AA over breakfast
I could not fathom you giving yourself to God

The religions you gleefully straddle seem half pagan-sweet/half adulterous-chaos to me

You said that gravity is your higher power

It is hard to grasp your lack of contradictions
though
I am learning to accept people for exactly who they show themselves to be

Your eyes-
bright bottle green/grey/gold
more feral than tame
-are distracting

Funny because you gave up the bottle years ago

Over waffles
your misfit company is warm

You could be the kindest human I have ever known
-or the cruelest

So far, you have only shown one face to me

I would say the rest of you is in shadow
but we both know that is inaccurate

All of you is gauntlet thrown at the feet of the world
You are a self-deprecating giggle and a matchbook

In zero gravity, flames are blue and cold and dim

Maybe this is how you subscribe to a higher power

For sobriety
and burning brightly before it all burns out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop