The Bees and Yellow Blossoms (I am waking up to you)

Tree outside is laden with tiny yellow blooms
Air thick with the smell of honeysuckle or wisteria
but not quite
A sweetness I cannot identify, it is foreign to my senses
Bees hum by the hundreds
a consistent thrum outside my door

Just there
Only just there

I am waking up with you
You are close to me

Arms are unfolding for you
even if my eyes are still sleepy
Memorizing the length of your nose
and self-deprecating tilt in your lips

I yawn and I stretch
this way and that way
like the ballet of boughs
Feeling parts of my body shift and creak
having slumbered for years

I am hungry
So very, very hungry for you
There has been starvation in my bones and deprivation in my muscle
but you insist upon satiation
thoroughness
attentiveness
playfulness

My cup is overflowing with honey before it is even noon

I am waking up to you, love
How have you been outside my door this entire time?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow