Volcano Flowers

 My body is erupting

    now that it is safe

I am volcano lurching

    lava stumbling down the mountainside rather than flowing

My body is cracking earth

    partly from multiple orgasms

    partly because the ground was stripped bare

Never laid fallow, and practically sown with salt


My greatest act of love is to explode

    to trust our homeland enough to shatter


There is respite with you

Enough so that my body breathes

    and breathes

    and breathes

I shake with rising wounds

    swallow apologies you do not want to hear

The only one ashamed of my breaking is me


You can see far more easily -

    when I am hip deep in tectonic crashing

- the fertile soil erupting in buds from new turned earth


I just need time

    and tending

    and time


    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop