Weather the Storm

I have a thrift store sofa
and a hand-me-down blanket
You're welcome to it anytime
Don't need permission or a ticket
Come and weather the storm with me

Hit a cup of coffee and a walk in the park
instead of that bar downtown
This won't be forever,
windy city seasons don't last for long
Just weather this storm with me

Hold my hand when the bills pile up
Dream of the house we'll call our own
Don't let the unemployment line
make you wait for life
Duck your head as the storm passes over

I won't buy those shoes
if you buy me a stick of red lipstick
A picnic on the side of the road,
under a billboard sign and stars
will help us forget our cloudy day

Come and weather this storm with me
Lay down on this couch, under this blanket
and take a deep breath
We'll hear the rain on the roof,
and be warm and dry together

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow