Reconcile

Why am I here,
in the city by the lake-
for love's sake?
Or something a little less complicated.

I came for you,
for me-
so we could be
something more than ourselves, together.

These buildings echo your name,
the soil holds its sway
and I have no way
to find a path through without you.

It scares me to know
that I'd rather be alone
and somewhere else,
than here.

How do we reconcile this?
It was always you and me,
but I cannot be
who I am when I am here.

Your roots dig deep,
but there is change on the wind
and you never bend
even to my tears.

I should not have come here,
for love's sake alone-
love alone
is no longer enough.

Comments

  1. Humm. . . it may be selfish, but I would be sad if you left.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop