Blue Moon

Late night
Sidewalk and shadows
A heavy blue moon swinging above

Alone
and the wondering of
you and me

Neither one saying "we"
these days

We disintegrated
or
finally exhaled that long, swollen sigh

The moon puffed out its breath
Deflated, a balloon sinking to earth
The way we softly let go of each other again

We were a once,
a falling slowly blue moon love
Neither bad nor good
Not intended to endure

(They say blue is the color of healing,
the moon a guardian of hearts)

If there had to be a story of us,
it was a complete one

But now the sky is empty
and I stand alone
Moon in hand

Shadows on the sidewalk cast from stars
Grasping at our story

But it slips away from me,
strands of ribboned moonlight
sliding through my fingers like warm milk

I cannot truly catch it,
or hold fast to it


(You cannot quantify the light of a blue moon)

One deep breath for you-
releasing a balloon back into a starlit sky

My heart is quiet now that I let you go

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow