Yet born

Your arms circle my waist, cheek pressed to my belly
Eyes looking to me
brown, blue, green
Braids a thick, colored cascade down your back
Tomorrow,
your soft weight in the crook of my arm
Down of your hair
red, brown, black
or unexpected blond
I sing
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
to you every night
Yesterday
you fly through the kitchen door in a rage
I don't understand you,
suddenly we're a million miles apart

I see myself in your cheekbones,
the line of your brow
My body echoing your name

Now,
I'm on the porch in the sunshine
Your children play near the lake
I see you on the shore
when I take my last breath

Even now I wait

I'd pull down the stars for you, little one
Anything for you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop