Q and Fallen Dandelions

Dear Q-
You're letting him win, you said,
letting your past ruin what is good today
Ruination and ruin
Like walking amongst the fallen columns of my childhood,
and overturned statues of adolescence
Stepping on cracked foundations and past broken windows
Picking up a battered china doll,
her face shattered, and her dress ripped and dirty
A long, forgotten Holocaust

I do not want to live amongst the ruins

I will wind through the weeds and fallen heads of dandelions
searching for the archway,
following the call of your voice until I find my way out
I know there are places beyond this
In quiet moments outside pain and panic, I can smell the fresh air

Your Cybil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop