Equilibrium

It was just a moment
with toes dug into the grass and head tilted towards the sunshine
My jeans fit exactly right, and my stomach was only just-so full,
listening to music only I enjoy
It was a moment without anxiety, worry or the chronic self-loathing
It was
It existed
and I was a part of it, breathing into it and through it
A miracle, albeit a small one
Nothing had changed,
no huge, sweeping wind had carried me away from my troubles
No money was needed, no jewels, no lovers, no friends
Just me,
inside myself and content for a thread of time,
balanced on top of my life, accepting my place within it-
instead of floundering
My voice,
often laying dormant under the demands of others,
or a plague of worry,
was shining and clear
I miss my voice
But now I know it's still here,
because I finally took one moment to breathe and stand still

My voice is still here
I can hear it

Comments

  1. "My jeans fit just right" is a wonderful line. It communicated immediately the idea of feeling at home in one's skin. What woman hasn't spent more time than she wanted to looking for the right fit in a pair of jeans, only to get them home, wear them for a couple of hours, and find them either too tight, or stretched out and no longer flattering? There's far too much wrapped up in the shape of our hips, isn't there...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow