Erosion

The first time I heard AC/DC
you danced in a dress from your mom's closet,
barefoot on fraying living room carpet

You melted to the floor, kissing your girlfriend on the mouth
Your mom in the doorway, with meth-sick eyes, watched indulgently

Thunderstruck
I wanted to dance with you,
wanted my hands on your smooth white thighs
Your mom never liked me

We shot Sour Apple Snapps in your kitchen
and always knew when the paintings were slanted
your mom was in the bedroom

A life of erosion

You kissed girls and had sleepovers in a house more empty than not,
with time enough to be good at math and write stories with me

But eventually you left,
and now you have boyfriends and apartments,
and no one to protect

I never see you
If every time you see me you taste sour apples in your mouth
and see crooked paintings on the wall-
you won't want to see me at all

Comments

  1. Hey, this Ray'Chel and. . .

    This poem made me cry because it really struck me to the core.

    I miss you Courtney.

    Love,
    Ray'Chel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop