A Mouth Full of Stars

If I kissed you, Sandman
my mouth would be full of stars
My dreams would be only of you,
even though they already are

Coughing stardust from my lungs
from inhaling galaxies and nightmares
Not so sure it would be worth one kiss-
not so sure this would be fair

You see, I am not free to love you
and you are not free to leave
My heart is wiser than my lips
Maybe we should keep this be

I exist in one world-
you reside in the other
Not so sure where we could cross over
in order to be lovers

I can fold my arms and watch the night,
want to rest my head upon your shoulder
But when the dreams call you away again
I will be left all the colder

A love that never blooms
can be painful and unfair
But when I close my eyes to sleep,
I know that you are there

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow