Screens

Hoping to drown the dialogue in my brain, but the music has become the script, and it's playing on repeat.
(We are all fools in love.)
Despite all wisdom to the contrary, my love never stopped. I removed myself from the room, yet continue to watch through the window, like a flickering, ongoing screen.
I never wanted you to move on.
(Because I can't. Not yet.)
Don't ask me why, because I'm not sure of that either, when everything else comes with so much certainty these days.
It's elemental. No one debates the essence of fire, or the fact that we breathe to live.
It is what it is, is it not?
(Foolish.)
There is nothing precious or careful about now.
Indulging in memories and music, masochistic rubbing salt.
If the truth were bloodied claws, I'd rake out your eyes with it. Put it on film. Play it on repeat until I was finally blackened against the memory of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop