Wonder Woman Never Had This Issue (or Maybe She Did and It's Not in the Comics)

My headstone will read
"She died doing the right thing" alongside Harry Dresden
(Although, to be fair,
 sharing a grave near or with Harry Dresden
would be joy enough to kill me if I wasn't already dead)
if all the right thing does is cause cascading anxiety
and bouts of disordered eating

So, even if it doesn't kill you out right,
you're miserable until the end

I love you,
I really, really love you
(And by love you, I mean I'll give you everything,
including my dignity, time, and the tattooed skin it comes in,
because that's childhood training, baby!)
but I'm gonna save myself instead,
one little shiny mosaic piece at a time

I get it, it's all uphill
(Life is uphill and Sisyphus is tired)
but I'm sick of protecting you from yourself, you see
Gonna put on these big-girl knickers,
leave you to your own devices,
and walk these wobbling knees onward

I'm grateful for you,
and you know it 'cause I make damn sure
to show it again and again and again

But you said to me once-
Gratitude goes a long way
and I understand that more now than I ever did at your knee
 So, I'm gonna stop paying for my life with what life I've got left

Let my headstone read,
"She died doing what she loved best"
instead of the martyr's best prayer,
'cause Harry Dresden and Sisyphus both be damned

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop