Stand Still

The batteries in my apple clock have run out
Not sure when it happened until I noticed that
10:53 is permanently twice a day
My electric toothbrush is dying,
sputtering, and spinning slowly
There's a basket of batteries somewhere
but I can't find it amongst the piles of bills and newspapers

"Recession Over: So Much Better Than Last Year"

Last year I could afford my electronic toothbrush
and my choices weren't narrowed down between
a stick of deodorant or more mascara
and only eating the incredible edible egg
The price-tag of my underused education
swings idly from boots I can't afford
I'm afraid it might be a winter full of sandals

Now I understand being too tired to go to work,
because not having good work exhausts you,
needing to go to the doctor,
but feeling bad makes it hard to get up

I'm not sure who writes the newspapers right now,
but I'm sure I don't like them
I'm getting awfully tired of 10:53

Comments

  1. Another perfect poem tho. I'm glad you spend the energy you have on words. I guess they don't say Starving Artist for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For serious, Molli. For serious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Oblivion

Never at the Same Train Stop