Apples to Apples

Let’s play a game
I say Temptress
            and you call my name
But I’m tired now
of trying to be Snow White
I am no raven and alabaster beauty
I’ve tasted many kisses
and tossed many dice
I am lonely now,
weary of pretty princesses and their 7 little men

Too long have I waited to be saved
from the dark recesses of my bloody, beating heart
I don’t want to sing Manzana’s Song
or fly from mouth to mouth in a frozen dream
Caramel cannot mask the taste of poison
I am done with this fairy tale

What I was-
broke
The ceramic apple fell from my chest, rolled to my feet
and when my tears fall in regret
I cut it in half to find the hidden star
Even though I chose a bitter path in the dark,
it was the right path for once such as me

So, drop a word, write a line, give a rhyme
that mirror, mirrors salvation
I say Redemption
            and you say my name
Let’s play a different game

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow