A Pale Green Cup


The prince hid amongst the cow herd
with the entire Universe down his throat
and hope inside his chest, fluttering on white wings
So they say
And I drank that tale like ice-cold milk from a pale green cup

Always, there was room in my heart for the adventure of it all-
for believing in the wondrous

There is room still
to find the key to that secret garden
to feel wind whip through my hair as I travel to the edge of the compass

If a prince living among the cows
is hiding the Universe
then I stole my eyes from a sleeping tiger
and my tongue will sing a thousand starry lullabies

My heart beats for the story
and there is room enough for it all
Too long have I stayed behind white picket fences

When I come to my end
throat full to bursting, my chest fluttering slowly
I want to be stretched around the world so thin,
cradling every inch of earth until I am transparent as a pale, jade cup
Ice cold milk will pour forth between my teeth
and you,
kind reader,
will drink my stories-

the stories I was unafraid to live

Comments

  1. Wow. This is such an inspiring piece. I love how graphic you can be while still remaining succinct and never wasting words. It's just glorious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow