22 Days

You're in my heart
In my thoughts
Crawling inside my blood and flooding my circuitry
I try to shut you out
Rip out my valves and empty myself of you if I could
But I can't stop it

I  count the days we're apart
Like the age of a newborn infant
 (22 days old
and counting)
Praying I'll reach a month,
as if that will somehow make a difference
Perhaps 4 solid weeks will mark the end of this searing pain
But it doesn't stop

I write, I walk, I think, I talk
I put it on paper, I put it in words
I am moving forward
I am getting better
but underneath it all
I can't stop loving you

I try to remember why I'm doing this
But it took one look, one glance,
seeing you just once,
to bring me back to my knees

I can't.

Stop.

At least, not today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion

ChocolateSushiCouture- Photo shoot, Spring 2009

Recovering Black Widow